4 April 2017

Sunny and dry gravel ride to Bishop and back with Angus

What a cracking day for a ride, the sun came out early morning and is still shinning away as I type this at 6.30pm. Angus was off work today so came through after I was finished and we met up and went for a ride along the old railway lines to Bishop Auckland. There was less wind today thank god but still a nippy stiff breeze in places. The lines have dried out lovely and are now lovely and dusty so the new Bonti tyre had its first outing on the Cannondale Slate Apex. I had no problems what so ever but as I said it was bone dry! It rolls really fast on the hard pack surface of the old railway line tracks and plenty of corner grip when nipping through the gaps in the various fences along the line.
Angus was out on the Cannondale Super X Hi mod and was flying along nicely. There was not too many people out and about so nothing too much to slow us down.
At Bishop we crossed the via duct and had a drink on the bench before heading back. Oh and it was the first time out for my new Sidi mtb shoes as well, they are very comfortable and stiff compared to my old ones. They will soften up a little over time hopefully. Below are a few pics, enjoy and hopefully more soon -



New tyre basking in the sun!








and also the first ride out with my new mtb Sidi's


No comments:

Post a Comment