18 June 2017

Fresh Good Sunday - Mason Bokeh


I have followed Mason Cycles right from the start and always liked the look of his two road frames but when the Bokeh came out this was more up my street. I put off buying one and then they all sold out so bought the Cannondale Slate instead. The Slate was the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden but you cannot get a 2" 650b tyre in the rear and there is no mudguard eyelets.
Then Mason had some stock of a 56cm in grey which I preferred to the orange so bought a frameset only and built it up from parts from another bike. The build was easy compared to the Bowman Pilgrims and I now have the Park Tool cable threading kit this makes life a lot easier as well. The paint finish on the frameset is fantastic with a very deep high gloss. The frameset is very thought out and has all the options of building  it with single ring or double up front, cable or Di2 etc.
I have ridden it every time I have been out since finishing building it. This is a very comfortable bike on gravel, off road or on the road. Acceleration is good in the saddle and out on stepper climbs, cornering is precise and feels in control. I am that happy with the overall bike I am now looking at Masons road framesets! The bike has had a short break around to Richy and he was impressed with the bike as well overtaking roadies going up towards Stanhope etc. Below are some photos from the build and I am still swapping  / altering some parts now.
Manufacturers info - complete bike options come in 700c & 650b, and four different group set options ranging from £2795 to £3100. Here is a LINK and there is also the frameset option which comes in grey or orange and in six sizes from 50cm to 60cm £1150 exc p&p. Here is a LINK as well.


 
































 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment