3 September 2017

Fresh Goods Sunday - Panaracer Gravelking SK 700 x 38c Tyre

After reserving the Hunt 700c wheelset I ordered a pair of the Gravelking tyres from Westbrook Cycles. They landed within a couple of days and fitted them when I collected the Hunt wheels from Biketreks.  The SK model has a different tread pattern to my skinnier Graveling tyres. I decided to go tubeless when fitting them from new which I will go through in a later Fresh Goods Sunday blog but lets say I had no problems and the beads snapped into place easily and have held firm to date. The weight is just under the manufacturers claim and they aired up wider than the claimed 38mm, a good 41mm! As for clearance in the Mason there is shed loads and could have gone up to the next width size, again this will be covered soon in another blog. I have done a few miles on them now and are a cracking tyre, not had any problems with them. They roll well on tarmac and smooth gravel. They are ok when the lines are wet and not too muddy in places but no good when its gets sticky mud on singletrack sections, that is why I have my 650b x 2" wheelset for! They come in black and tan wall and several different width options. Great value for money tyre, fit and forget until they wear out!
RRP £39.99 and I paid £30 inc next day delivery
Spec - Looking for a tire that's more aggressive than the mixte-tread GravelKing? The GravelKing Sk might just be the tire you need for the more hardcore roads. Aggressive knobs, ZSG Natural rubber compound, puncture protection breaker and AX-α special low rolling resistance casing make the Gravelking a go-anywhere tire. And tubeless compatible up to 60 PSI!
 









 
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment