24 September 2017

Sunday morning loop upto Consett & batck on the Mason

This mornings ride was not the planned ride but a longer more local one instead. I was up and out before 7.30am to a beautiful morning but a fresh wind. I headed down the cycle track to Chester Le Street and around the riverside. Then along the road to Birtley in the cycle lane to join onto the C2C. Once on the C2C I turned left and headed straight up to Consett. It was tough going in places and getting colder. The Garmin was reading around 10 degrees and never got much above that. At the coal truck junction I turned left and straight down to Bearpark which was nice and fast but a headwind in places. The lines were quite quiet this morning, not sure why but all the better for me. Once at Baxters Farm I turned off the line and took the back way over the fields to Whitesmocks, around the back of New College and home via the Carrs. All in 38 miles, 2hrs 53min.
Below is a selection of some photos, enjoy and hopefully more soon -

























Home and time to wash myself, bike kit in the washer and wash and lube the bike. Then on with some jobs around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment