1 October 2017

Sunday morning local road ride in the fog/mist/rain and wind

Yesterday I fitted my Smart R2 rear led light to the bike with new AAA batteries and charged up and fitted the Lezyne spare rear led. Up front I charged up the smaller of the Lupines we have and fitted that. I also charged up the smaller Lezyne front led as a secondary flashing light / back up. Today I was up and out the front door by 6.30am into the dark and cold. It was very misty / foggy with just a fine drizzle in the air. Once rolling it was not too bad but by the time I had climbed up to High Shincliffe it was like riding into an oven. The Garmin shot up 4 degrees and my glasses etc steamed up. Once at Coxhoe the heavens opened but it eased slightly once I reached Cassop but that did not last long. The fog was getting worse, the rain was getting heavier and I could not see where the pot holes were in the road with my steamed up glasses. The fog lifted slightly when I dropped down to Shadforth but climbing out of Shadforth to the top of Sherburn Hill the rain was coming down the hill in rivers. Time to he home! Once back home it was straight in for a hot shower then dry / warm clothes before heading for the Toon to sort out some business. Below are a few not so good photos from the camera that does not like the dark! I think it must get frightened lol.
Enjoy and hopefully more soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment