9 January 2018

Trip out to South Shields, Carlsile, Gretna & Todhills

Sorry for the recent lack of blogs but I was back to work last week and only managed one 5k trot up the old railway lines and back. I had a headwind on the way out and a tailwind coming back. The line was wet / muddy in places and some massive puddles / flooding after recent heavy rain. It was my first 5k in a good few months and I forgot to wear my Garmin Forerunner so timed it off my normal watch- 35mins and I also forgot to take my puffer so lungs were struggling on the way out.
Last Saturday Angus had a day off work so we headed to South Shields for a walk around the shops then to Coleman's for dinner. After that it was a walk along the beach into a gale force head wind and got blasted by sand. The return leg was a lot better.
Then we had a short break over in Carlisle / Gretna / Todhills area. It was very cold with the van reading minus -6 degrees on Monday morning but lovely and sunny both days. We also called in past the massive garden centre just outside Carlisle and had an expensive cuppa/cake. We also crossed the Scottish Border and called in past Gretna Gateway (equivalent of our Dalton Park) and spent a few bob. We had our teas at Gretna Inn Pub opposite and they do a canny meal if you are up that way. Back to work now and well and truly skint!
Below are  few snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon -










Snow on the A68 on the way over to Carlisle on Sunday






No comments:

Post a Comment