7 March 2018

Snowy road ride through Upper Weardale / North Pennies

 
The Council finally opened the road through to Nenthead / Border on Monday so it was time dig the bike out and go for a rather hilly ride over into Cumbria and back. The road was nice and quiet and the thaw has started in Weardale as well. When I left and it was 7 degrees and the coldest point on the ride was 1.8 degrees! I had a good old mixture on weather from glorious sunshine to rain and some sleet. There was no wind until I passed Killhope and started heading the up hill where I had a full on headwind! Below are a few snowy snaps. I did not venture off the main road and take any back lanes just in case. 
 

































the snow drift behind me was approx 7+ feet deep! it was well over my head







No comments:

Post a Comment