1 April 2018

First ride on E MTB inc Fresh Goods Sunday - Cube Reaction Hybrid SL 500

Yes I have finally bought an electric mtb. Well I actually bought it nearly two weeks ago but have not had the time to look, stroke or tweak it until this afternoon. I wanted a hard tail mtb with either 29" or 27.5" wheel size and a battery that is not plonked on top of a tube. This mtb fitted the bill and was in stock at Wheelbase in the Lakes. I phoned Darlo branch when they had a VAT free weekend and they transferred it to Darlo for me to pick up. I have only ever ridden one e bike and that was a full sus Dale and it was a beast. That also had the Bosch motor etc. I have had a quick spin around the local woods / trails for the first time and it ploughed through the clarts / slop as it has never stopped raining recently.
As you can see in the photos below I have converted it from tubes to tubeless. The front was spot on but had air leakage from the rear value but hopefully it has settled down and sealed up. I have also fitted a longer seat post so Angus can use it as he has a 1 1/2" longer inner leg and fitted my normal slr saddle. I have also changed the stem as the stock one was too short. I also have some narrower and less rise bars coming which should sort out the front end.
Hopefully less work in the house next week to get out again on it but forecasted rain every day now until next weekend.



























No comments:

Post a Comment